INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EKOS Polar Alignment Tool no longer work with my Avalon Zero

• Thank you received: 2
Hi!

I have the following:

- 90mm/F6 APO with 0.8x reducer/flattener
- Edge HD 8 with v4 Hyperstar
- Avalon Zero Obs FW 7.?
- All index files needed downloaded
- Astroberry 2.0.4 running on RPi 4

Suddenly the PAT stopped working with my setup! I upgraded to 2.0.4 and the polar alignment tool fails to work. If I select the "Find" speed and click start the mount starts to slew but very slowly and seems to time out. If I select max the mount slews but the operation fails without an error - it just says to place the scope in the home position and restart the process. Plate solving works perfectly though. It seems that the PAT fails to get a proper reading from my mount. This has worked very well in earlier versions but fails miserably in EKOS 2.0.4.

I've read somewhere that it should be possible to specify the speed in x * sidereal, say, 256x but I have no such setting in EKOS/Indilib control panel.

Has anybody else seen this behavior?

Cheers
1 year 8 months ago #85190

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 566
Not familiar with Avalon, but here is the control for adjusting the slew speed during polar alignment:
Hy

1 year 8 months ago #85208
Attachments:

Hi!

Thanks for your reply! I thought there was another setting where you may map 'find = 256x, max = 512x' etc. When I use the Avalon mount those speed selections are not numerical - instead the menu reads 'find, max' etc which in turn are mapped to a numerical equivalent. I don't think this is the issue here.

Cheers
1 year 8 months ago #85218

I thought I'd post a clarification here in case somebody else should stumble upon this. The problem with the Avalon's regarding the polar alignment tool has to do with misinterpretation of east/west by the mount and resides (my assumption) in the Avalon's FW and/or the Indilib driver. I was thankfully directed to these threads here by a fellow Avalon owner:

Avalon Forum
Indilib Forum

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Peter Litsegaard.
1 year 8 months ago #85251

Time to create page: 2.305 seconds