INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Temperature Measurement on ZWO EAF

• Thank you received: 9
I just added a temperature sensor to my ZWO EAF v2. My main camera is a ZWO ASI 183MC Pro and is cooled to -10C.
Last night I used this for the first time and seem to have a number of different takes on the ambient temperature.

All at the same time, my garden thermometer says we started at +3.5C.
The EKOS Focus Panel agreed at +3.5C when I started the evening session, but then never changed. It also ended at +3.5C.
The EKOS Control Panel showed the ambient temperature to be -1.46C
The EKOS Analyze Panel show the ambient temperature to be -2.5C

Is there anything else to do to have the ZWO temperature sensor working apart from connect it ?
I set the Limits option to refocus every 30 minutes but this defeats the object of having the temperature sensor which I'd prefer it refocused at each degree C change.

Thanks
1 year 2 months ago #90838

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5
If I understand you well, I have recently encountered something similar in my system even if is different from yours.

I have a homemade myfocuserpro2 equipped with a temperature sensor and operating on Ubuntu 22.04.

While the EKOS Control Panel shows the temperature changing over time, the Focus panel keeps displaying the initial T value till I toggle between sensors (i.e. I switch from the focuser T sensor to the camera T sensor and back, at that point the temp. gets updated)

Maybe I have too many "temperatures" accessible (I also have the openwethermap driver loaded, which adds another temp) and they are competing with one another...
1 year 2 months ago #90848

• Thank you received: 9
Thanks Massimo.

I only have one other sensor that provides temperature and that's the number returned in FITS from the camera sensor, so I thought it should be simple.

This is running on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and Kstars 3.6.2 if that helps jog anyone's memory.
1 year 2 months ago #90859

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds