INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos: "cannot set solver to remote" even if device appears in control panel

• Thank you received: 2
The log message continues "The Ekos equipment profile must include the astrometry Auxiliary driver."

But the Profile Editor does show Astrometry in the Aux 1 field of "Select Devices".

Astrometry is running under indiserver on the remote as is the camera. When Ekos starts, the control panel shows Astrometry to be connected, the solver tab displays in the Ekos window. However, under the configure tab, the log entry after "Remote devices established" shows only that the camera is online and does show an entry for Astrometry.

I did not have this problem in previous versions.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
11 months 1 day ago #93130

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please edit your signature and include your equipment and also what versions you're using so we don't need to ask about them.

I literally tested this yesterday to diagnose another issue with BLOB snooping. So Astrometry was definitely working. Was profile local or remote? The driver itself has an issue because BLOB snooping is now broken in INDI and hopefully there is a fix for this soon.
11 months 1 day ago #93133

• Thank you received: 2
I'm not quite sure how to edit a signature. Sorry to make you ask.

On remote:
INDI Library: 2.0.2
Code 2.0.2-tgz. Protocol 1.7.
Linux spica 6.1.0-7-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.1.20-2 (2023-04-08) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Command: indiserver indi-asi/indi_asi_ccd indi-core/drivers/auxiliary/indi_astrometry
Attached: ZWO ASI294MM
Note: solve-field works fine from command line. indiserver messages acknowledge connection from client and configuration astrometry options are read from client.

On client:
Kstars Version 3.6.4 Stable
Build 2023-05-28T20:04:17Z
INDI Library: 2.0.2
Code v2.01-22-g8588609d7. Protocol 1.7.
Linux debian 6.3.0-asahi-00538-g3965d153b13f #16 SMP Thu May 18 18:48:19 CEST 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux
From Kstars messages:
.ekos:...Connection to remote INDI server ... is successful
.indi: Received new device Astrometry
.ekos: "Astrometry" Version: "1.0" Interface: 32768 is connected.
.ekos.align: "Cannot set solver to remote. The Ekos equipment profile must include the astrometry Auxiliary driver."
.ekos: "Astrometry" is connected and ready.

So somehow m_RemoteAstrometry in remoteastrometryparser.cpp is getting a null pointer. And I don't see why (yet).
11 months 1 day ago #93155

• Thank you received: 566
How to fill in your signature:
- Go to the forum web page (where you may be reading this), and
- click on "My Details" near the top of the page, then click on "Profile Information" just below "Details for..." and then
- go to the way bottom of that page, and you should see a box labeled "Signature". Fill it out and click "Save" at the bottom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Mark Copper
11 months 1 day ago #93167

Time to create page: 0.666 seconds