INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Does Align::setSolverMode(1) work as intended?

• Thank you received: 2
In the case where the Ekos profile is set to "remote". Drivers include a camera and the Astrometry auxiliary driver.
Running Kstars under gnu debugger, setSolverMode runs when an Ekos profile is loaded.

mode == SOLVER_REMOTE is true but m_RemoteParserDevice is null.

so remoteParser.reset is called which should result in a new value for parser and m_RemoteParserDevice

but it does not. So setAstrometryDevice will fail and further down, parser may not get connected to the CCD camera.

which may be related to the problem that solve-field never receives the camera blob when "capture and solve" is requested in the alignment module.

Does this make any sense?
10 months 2 weeks ago #93443

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I never had this issue. You're getting with an equipment profile consisting of camera + astrometry driver only?
10 months 2 weeks ago #93445

• Thank you received: 2
I'm running Ekos as a remote client of indiserver on an LAN. Even if I only register the camera and Astrometry with Ekos, Ekos nevertheless loads all drivers that indiserver has on offer. This is a *good* thing since my mount driver (Sitech) is not in the Indi core. But even with drivers in the core, my focuser for instance, Ekos loads it if it is running on indiserver whether it is contained in my Ekos profile or not.

So there is a somewhat loose connection between the Ekos profile and what Ekos loads from the indiserver.

If Ludovic got the plate solver working in the June Indi update, then this whole problem is moot (but curious nonetheless).

Thanks.
10 months 2 weeks ago #93448

Yes Ludovic fixed the BLOB issue and remote astrometry driver is confirmed to work OK.
10 months 2 weeks ago #93455

Time to create page: 0.649 seconds