INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Load and Slew Works, but Camera module starts alligning again

• Thank you received: 1
I am using Stellarmate OS 1.7.8 OS on Rpi4. It is working great with one minor but annoying issue!

When I use "Load and Slew" in Align module to slew the mount to the previously shot picture's location, it does open, slew, and solve successfully.
Then I start the guide module, and guiding too starts successfully with RMA error arround 0.5-0.7
Then when I go to Capture module, schedule the image capture, and try to start capturing the image, the Capture module shows "alligning" status instead of capturing, and now when I goto Allign module, it is non-stop trying to allign! (though within align limits and guiding running). "Stop" also doesn't work, and only way to stop it is to park the telescope and disconnect all devices and stop EKOS. I have to start everything all over again! This never used to happen before when I was using 1.7.1

Note: I can only to prevent this issue by unchecking Meridian flip in Mount module. I always use Flip if HA > 15.
Also note that whenever this issue occured, Meridian flip was no where nearer than 1.5 - 3 hours.
Can anyone guide me what's happening here?

Info: I use Stellarmate on RPi4 through VNC. My camera is ASI533MM with ZWO 5 position EFW. Mount is AZ-EQ5
6 months 2 weeks ago #96405

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The only thing that *could* be related is alignment checks

What do you have set here?
6 months 2 weeks ago #96406
Attachments:

Thank you very much for a quick reply. I need to check that settings. Let me do that and get back to you.
6 months 2 weeks ago #96407

• Thank you received: 33
From your description, it appears that you are using the Scheduler tab to do the image capture. If the tick box for Align has been ticked it will attempt to align before doing guiding & capture. In the scheduler hope you are using the FITS file box to provide the previously captured image - otherwise it might attempt to align to a different point.
If you have pre-aligned and started guiding, stop the guiding (I have seen situations where scheduler gets confused), specify the FITS file for previous image and leave the tick marks in for all. This way the align should be quite quick as it sees that its nearly there.
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
Last edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by AstroMuni.
6 months 2 weeks ago #96410

So here is the screen shot of my settings.
Also please note that it only happens when I use "Load and Slew" option!
6 months 2 weeks ago #96411
Attachments:

Thanks for your reply, but I never use scheduler to capture the sequence! I always use "Camera" module for that. Can this issue have any relations with meridian flip? Because when I turn it off, issue never occurs.
Last edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by PINAK OZA.
6 months 2 weeks ago #96412

Time to create page: 0.829 seconds