INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Camera driver crash after meridian flip

• Thank you received: 12
I had this problem also with my ASI 2600MM. I started to think it might be related to my other thread:

www.indilib.org/forum/ekos/14150-sudden-...ng-kstars-3-6-8.html

And I mention it because this problem was introduced while a developer was trying to solve an issue with rotators (things were changed and affected even those without rotators). And rotators are affected by meridian flips and post flip alignements. Maybe Im reaching, but since Toni was working on this and it's currently in beta, maybe his changes are what is fixing it? Again maybe a stretch. Just thought I would cross reference it in case Jasem or Toni can see a relationship there. I am running the x86_64 binary that Toni supplied in that thread, so I don't know if that is pushed out to the beta's you all are talking about.

I was focused on the issue with differential slewing while testing so I didn't focus on that other issue. BUT I did have the issue with the camera driver seemingly locking up, and I realized that it had flipped. Probably unrelated, but worth mentioning.
3 months 1 week ago #98349

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 74
I am running the x86_64 binary that Toni supplied in that thread, so I don't know if that is pushed out to the beta's you all are talking about.
The changes were incorporated a couple of days ago. So the nightly builds should already include them.

Frankly, I do not think the crashes after flip are related to the "Differential Slewing" problem. Alacant's log shows no indications in this direction. Immediately after the flip the camera still was working, as a successful align indicates. Later on the camera disconnects and the message "[ERROR] get Temperature error. Generic failure " points to a connection issue.
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Toni Schriber.
3 months 1 week ago #98356

• Thank you received: 12
Interesting.. Ok.. Ive seen several other people with the same behavior with vastly different cameras/brands. Always after a flip. We can't all be having a connection problem (I don't unless our cameras are all failing). Ill have to review the logs next time it happens. All I can say for certain is that my schedule seems to have gotten stuck. Then I look and noticed that it flipped, the camera is not responding and I cant cancel anything. Also started in very recent builds.
3 months 1 week ago #98375

• Thank you received: 74
We can't all be having a connection problem (I don't unless our cameras are all failing).
You are totally right! Perhaps it's a misunderstanding: Of course a connection problem can be produced by a programming bug. All I wanted to accentuate is the fact, that the captures for the alignment were reported successful . Only with the start of a normal capture the camera disconnects for some reason.
3 months 1 week ago #98376

• Thank you received: 6

Although I still haven't the weather to test again, I wanted to confirm that yes, when the problem occurs, the alignment captures are successful, then the first Capture exposure is stuck Downloading... So this cannot be a hardware/cabling issue.
3 months 1 week ago #98378

• Thank you received: 158
I’m eager to test too, on the Mac, but the Mac nightlies are still stuck on December 16, 2023.
3 months 1 week ago #98379

Time to create page: 0.444 seconds