INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

iOptron HAE29EC connects fine, control panel fine, no info in remainder of Ekos

• Thank you received: 20
I just got the eponymous mount, and was delighted when the iOptron HAE29 driver connected to it without a hitch. I was able to use the INDI Control Panel affordances to slew it, ensure that it knew the correct time and location, etc. Likewise in KStars, a point labeled for the mount shows up in the planetarium view, and if I right-click various locations, "iOptron HAE29" is in the context menu, and clicking "Goto" from that slews the mount at them. All great!

However, in Ekos proper, notso-hotso. For example if I go to the Mount panel, everything is blank and greyed out. I can bring up the Mount Control dialog, but all the mount position values are zeroes, the slew pushbuttons don't work, and if I search for a target and then click the "GOTO" button, nothing happens.

This doesn't have anything to do with the Tiime & Location Updates configurations in KStars, right? (As in "Mount updates KStars" or "KStars updates all devices".) That is about the only change I made to KStars (besides making a new INDI equipment profile, of course). What else can I try?

Various points:
  • Same install on same Pi worked great with CEM70 and a similar one did with CEM25P
  • No errors appear in the logs that I can see
  • Behavior is the same whether connecting over USB (SERIAL) or WiFi (NETWORK)
  • Mount firmware is as shipped, 202210something
  • Alignment tab is also present, but equally greyed out/unpopulated

TIA! It's a beautiful little mount, can't wait to actually use it!
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Rick Wayne.
3 months 3 weeks ago #97927

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

is your mount selected in the optical train in the Mount module? double check.
3 months 3 weeks ago #97928

Interestingly, there are no optical trains available in the dropdown, although I know I had defined at least two. And every time I click the "+" to create one in the optical trains dialog, KStars crashes and restarts. THAT'S weird!

I'm certainly able to edit XML files if that's required to jam something into place, here. Or I could try updating, I think I'm just running whatever came with the latest StellarMate OS. Not quite sure how to update outside of waiting for a new one, I blush to admit.
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Rick Wayne.
3 months 3 weeks ago #97933

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Wayne
3 months 3 weeks ago #97934

Hahahaha "turn it off and turn it back on again", like! Classic!

Except...that totally worked. I still have an issue with UTC vs. local time but that's easily fixable. Everything connects and Ekos can control the mount. Thanks Jasem, you are the best!
3 months 3 weeks ago #97939

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds