INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

RPi GPIO Control

• Thank you received: 0

RPi GPIO Control was created by Eduard

Hello,

I have been using a custom-developed Python GUI running on Raspberry Pi that allowed me to toggle some GPIOs (dew heaters activation, dust cap servo for taking darks, triggering the DSLR through the 2.5mm jack).

Now that I have been getting my feet wet at KStars and Ekos, I was looking for some functionality to trigger my dust cap after the lights plan but I can't seem to find it. Am I missing it somewhere? I tried the WiringPi driver but it looks like there is no automation between it and the scheduler.

Also, is there any option to shutdown guiding and sidereal tracking after the lights plan has been successfully finished?

Thanks!
3 years 4 months ago #63844

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic RPi GPIO Control

Hi and welcome to INDI forums!

What do you mean no automation between it and the driver? You can using wiringPI in a dust-cap driver and as far as Ekos is concerned it's a regular dustcap, it doesn't know it's using wiringPI internally.

Regarding the shutdown, there are none now. However, we should be adding more scripting options to the sequence queue soon that would allow for something like this to be at least controllable via an external script.
3 years 4 months ago #63846

Replied by Eduard on topic RPi GPIO Control

Hi and thanks!

I mean that I need to trigger that dustcap (or any GPIO, it really does not matter) on a specific moment. For example, if I set up a plan of 100 subframes and instruct Ekos to trigger the cap after the 80th subframe, I will end up with 80 lights and 20 darks.

I have been searching for a simple driver that will show my WiringPi servo as a filter, but no luck finding something.

Any ideas?

Cheers!
3 years 4 months ago #63847

Right but why would do that. Just specify 80 lights and 20 darks and Ekos will control the dustcap automatically for you. Regarding WiringPi, I just use it to trigger some GPIOs for my roll-off roof driver and it works quite well in that regard. Not sure about servo control.
3 years 4 months ago #63849

How? I can't find any info on how to do this! A screenshot would help.

Thanks a lot!
3 years 4 months ago #63850

When you add the "Dark" frames, click on the Calibration button and select Dust cap (two options, one with built-in light and one without). That's pretty much it.
3 years 4 months ago #63851

Found it but I cannot set the GPIO that the "Dust Cover" option will trigger. Am I missing something?
3 years 4 months ago #63852

You need to write a dust cap driver. Should be fairly simple to start off from one the existing drivers and adapt it to what you need.
3 years 4 months ago #63857

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by DL on topic RPi GPIO Control

Hi There, I am new to this site and am hoping you don't mind me piggy backing on this convo. If this should have been posted else where, I'm sorry and please let me know.

I just completed building the indi_servoblaster_cap driver as described in one of your previous posts knro . And I should say thank you for that post and all the documentation. I'm running Astroberry on RPi 4, and using Indi Web Manager in concert with KStars and Ekos on another comp. I have two question:

a. How can I get Indi Web Manager to see ServoBlaster as an optional driver from within the local driver drop list? It does not appear within the Auxiliary section, however it does appear when using KStars on the RPi 4, which leads me to my next question.

b. While in KStars, on the RPi 4, I can set ServoBlaster Cap as an auxiliary driver within one of my Ekos profiles and start it, no problem. However, in the subsequent Indi Control Panel, I can not get the servo to move when I click park/unpark. The servo is plugged into the GPIO pins as follows (and from what I can tell, matches your table in the previously mentioned link). Power to pin 2, Ground to pin 9, and signal to pin 11. On the Calibrate tab I choose servo ID 1, as per the table it correlates to pin 11. You should also know when I built the servo driver, I did skip the USBRelay2 Roof and Wiring PiGPIO as they were stated as being optional. Is Wiring PiGPIO required for manual operation of the dust cap or is it more for the automation within a capture sequence as describe earlier in this thread? What I'm I missing?
3 years 4 months ago #64062

Time to create page: 0.635 seconds