INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Manual Rotator - Plate solve - Angle of rotation

• Thank you received: 0
Is it possible to set the angle of rotation required prior to 1st plate solving so I can frame the target accurately ? The problem is, I have a 1" 183 sensor and with most targets, my setup doesn't leave me with too much area left to crop hence the rotation is critical to be within 30 arcmin, which I can easily & repeatedly achieve with NINA. With Kstars I can get the location right with the ASTAP solver but no rotation indicator or I don't know how to proceed. Without this when I setup over multiple nights my rotation could be slightly off every night for the same target which would be a major issue after stacking as I would need to crop a lot of the edges compromising the framing.

Vin
90mm APO
HEQ5 Pro
ZWO 290MM
ZWO183MM, QHY 183C
Pegasus PPB
ZWO ASI EAF
RPi4 Astroberry
3 years 4 months ago #64822

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There is a FOV/rotation indicator in the sky map. It tells you the camera FOV & rotation. Now it doesn't tell you HOW to rotate to get your desired rotation, but you can rotate and solve again and get the updated FOV indicator that should reflect this.
3 years 4 months ago #64833

• Thank you received: 0
Thank you I will give it a try. Say I have packed up night 1 and set up again night 2 to achieve the same location i can use an image from night 1 via load and slew and go back to the same target but how can I get the fov rotation close to my first nights fov ?
90mm APO
HEQ5 Pro
ZWO 290MM
ZWO183MM, QHY 183C
Pegasus PPB
ZWO ASI EAF
RPi4 Astroberry
3 years 4 months ago #64837

• Thank you received: 120
The conversation for this has moved to indilib.org/forum/wish-list/8441-manual-...gle-of-rotation.html

Just posting this for anyone searching the forum.
3 years 3 months ago #65505

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds