INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

PEC and dithering in EKOS

• Thank you received: 0
Hi fellows,

I am new to this forum so a bit of introduction first : I used to do some astrophotography with an Astro-trac, a DSLR and a TV76 a few years ago but I had to stop until now. I am planning to get back into business but with a fixed setup I would control from my house this time.

Here are my questions :
- How does EKOS deal with Periodic Error Correction ? I couldn't find much info about that.
- Does EKOS allow dithering without guiding? Knowing the imaging resolution of the setup in arc sec / pix, it should be feasible I guess but I couldn't see this feature.

Hope those questions have not been asked before.
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Maxime
3 years 1 month ago #69801

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by hades on topic PEC and dithering in EKOS

Hi Maxime, here are some information:
1) To compensate PEC in Ekos you can enable GPG RA algorithm for guiding in RA axis.
2) Dithering can be enabled in Guiding settings. It is disabled by default. You can find more information here: stellarmate.com/support/ekos/guide.html This link also contains information about previous point.
Lukas
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by hades.
3 years 1 month ago #69803

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Maxime on topic PEC and dithering in EKOS

Thanks Lukas!

Unfortunately, I've already read this page but it doesn't give the info I'm looking for, like :
- Can I generate a PE curve and use it for PEC with EKOS? From what I've read, it depends on wether the mount supports PPEC or not, but I would like to know more about it and understand exactly how it works.
- if I train the PEC with my mount controller (ie Gemini 2), will the PEC still be active once EKOS takes control of the mount?
- Can you dither without guiding?
3 years 1 month ago #69806

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by hades on topic PEC and dithering in EKOS

For PPEC have you found this thread: www.indilib.org/forum/ekos/9282-eq6r-pro-how-to-ppec.html ?
I think you can dither without guiding, I am not sure if it is possible to do directly, but you can specify parameters of guiding so that guiding pulses will never happen, like setting aggresivity too low or Minimal movement too high
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maxime
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by hades.
3 years 1 month ago #69808

Time to create page: 1.187 seconds