INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

No frame dimensions in Ekos??

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I just ran into a strange situation: I changed my setup to only having a single ZWO camera and the mount - to do some experiments. But now suddenly I can not capture with Ekos - Ekos crashes when I try. This seems related to the fact that there are no frame dimensions in Ekos. However, they are identified in the Indi Control window. And I can capture with Indi control window. And if I hit "reload configuration" in Ekos, Ekos crashes.

See here:

What's happening here? Oh, and I just upgraded Stellarmate to see if that helped. Did not. And I deleted the ZWO CCD config file and rebooted. Same thing again.

Ideas?

Magnus
1 month 4 weeks ago #99432
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 11
Have you double checked that your ASI183 camera is in the Primary optical train?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
1 month 4 weeks ago #99439

• Thank you received: 370
The EFW driver is now ZWO EFW. Maybe the filter wheel is missing and therefore causing the trouble.

Do you have a stacktrace of the crash?
1 month 4 weeks ago #99446

Hi!

Unfortunately, no stack trace. In this setup I had only one camera - definitely the right one in the Primary train, but again, I'll test more later today. And there is no filter wheel in this configuration - just the mount and one camera.

Magnus
1 month 3 weeks ago #99455

• Thank you received: 370
Ah, sorry Magnus, got it.

If the same problem occurs, it might be helpful to create a new profile. I experienced a similar problem a while ago which I could not track down. But a new profile resolved it.
1 month 3 weeks ago #99456

Hi!

Yes, well, this was a new profile :) But I'll follow your advice and try again later today.

I just was baffled by Ekos not getting any frame info when it so clearly was there in the Indi window..

Then, later at night, I changed back to my much more complex configuration with 2 imaging cameras and one guiding camera and a filter wheel. NOW the ASI 183 worked flawlessly.....

Magnus
1 month 3 weeks ago #99457

Time to create page: 1.958 seconds