INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate solving is erratic

• Thank you received: 0
I'm not sure what's happening here, but I find the plate solving to work erratically. Yesterday, for example, it worked like charm for PA, but only after switching a couple of times between my main scope/camera and the guide scope/camera (it worked with the guide scope). But then I couldn't solve any images for syncing with either scope afterwards and as a result goto didn't work. The EQMOD mount's position is shown and I can direct it, but it will not solve. I run stellarmate on a Pi and access it through a VNC client on my windows laptop. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I also find that goto's don't work. The mount will move, but quite often to a direction in the southern hemisphere so there's something off there as well.

Many thanks,
Hans
10 months 2 weeks ago #93359

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
Hello Hans,

The issue here is that Kstars and your mount are not on the same page. That's why the Go To function doesn't work or it slews extremely away from your target.

Please recheck your coordinates information on KStars. Then take a look at the indi infos and set Kstars to update all devices.

Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Euripides.
10 months 2 weeks ago #93361
Attachments:

Replied by Hans on topic Stellarmate solving is erratic

Thanks, Euripides, but what do you mean with 'recheck your coordinates information'? In INDI the 'Kstars updates all devices' box is checked, so that seems ok.
10 months 2 weeks ago #93365

• Thank you received: 41
Just to be sure that those data are correct for your location.

After that, sharing log files will be useful to narrow down possible issues.

10 months 2 weeks ago #93366
Attachments:

Great, I'm pretty sure the coordinates and time are correct, but I'll check this tonight and I'll certainly share logs if it still doesn't work.
10 months 2 weeks ago #93370

Ok, so the location is good, but it refuses to memorize the date and time. However, I could not test anything because it refuses to connect to eqmod and refused to plate solve anything.

I'll have another go this evening.
10 months 2 weeks ago #93421

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds