INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Some Guidance on PHD2 via EKOS Please

• Thank you received: 3
See what I did there? :P
So, up to now I've been using the internal guider in EKOS and having a few issues on consistency. Guides well for a while then throws a wobbly, especially after a dither move. So, as a process of elimination I decided to try PHD2. This is my first time to use PHD2 so a couple of questions please;
  1. I can connect EKOS and PHD2 no problem but each time I change target and re-start guiding it seems to go through a very long re-learning process, around 5-7 minutes. Is this normal and / or is there anything I can do to shorten it? By comparison, the internal guider in EKOS takes maybe 1-2 minutes.
  2. I'm running PHD2 on my own Rasp Pi under a Stellarmate installation. I'm viewing the PHD2 window via my PC browser using VNC. The graph in PHD seems to be stuck on displaying pixels while the graph is being repeated in EKOS as Arc Seconds. I'd rather display in PHD2 based on Arc Seconds. There is a setting button on the PHD2 graph but the choice for Arc Seconds is grayed out. Anywhere else I need to look to change that.
Results so far with PHD2 look better overall, so I'd just like to iron out these kinks.

Thanks in advance
Last edit: 6 months 6 days ago by Paul. Reason: fix the formatting
6 months 6 days ago #96657

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
Hi Paul,

Maybe phd2 calibrates again after slewing to a new target?
5 months 3 weeks ago #96907

• Thank you received: 370
You need to set the switch in PHD to restore the calibration. This keeps your setting as long as you do not reset it manually. As long as your guiding scope's position has not changed, you may reuse the calibration.

HTH
Wolfgang
5 months 3 weeks ago #96917
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 3
Thank you Euripides & Wolfgang.

I tried your advice last night with PHD2. Works as expected now.
5 months 3 weeks ago #96972

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds