INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars/Ekos Live camera preview mode question

• Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,

I have my Stellarmate working fine but am trying to figure the live preview function out. I have read the driver details and believe that this function is ONLY to be used with DLSR cameras.
My current imaging camera is a ASI224MC which I can connect to and the software will take preview shots just fine but I cant get the live preview mode to show anything but my frame rate.

Should I be able to use the live preview function with my ASI225MC to see a live view or is this only to be used with DLSR cameras?
Thanks,
3 years 7 months ago #60312

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 133
If you talk about the video stream capability - yes, that should work. It however has its own exposure setting. If you get a window and frame rate, but don't see anything, check the exposure time (upper right) and adjust it. Pressing 'Enter' will re-launch the window with the new settings.
3 years 7 months ago #60332

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Derpit,

Thanks so much for the information. I found out what I was doing wrong, I failed to turn on the live feed for my camera and was simply hitting the Live Preview button within the camera control tab. Now that I have enabled the live feed, I can now hit the Live Preview and I can now see the image!
Thanks!
3 years 7 months ago #60363

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds