jINDI and wINDI are now available for download.
jINDI is still under heavy development but a "developer preview" of common modules, Telescope and CCD GUI is ready for testing. This crossplatform INDI client is now working with native INDI 0.95 drivers as well as with wINDI ASCOM wrappers. Visit project page to learn more.
Development of wINDI is finished and it is available as pre-release version. We are collecting feedback and fixing bugs found. Subproject now has its own project page.
INDI for Java is a set of libraries (written in the Java programming language) to implement Clients (graphical and not graphical ones), Drivers and Servers that follow the INDI distributed control protocol, a protocol designed to operate astronomical instrumentation. The INDI for Java library is currently ready to be used in Android devices!
The current implementation of INDI Library is in C/C++, and a Java implementation enables seamless cross platform support in addition to Andriod device support! This exciting development is spearheaded by Mr. Sergio Alonso, Kudos to him for making such a signifcant implementation of the protocol!
v1.3 of the library (server, client, and tools) was released on April 10th, 2012. Check out the downloads.
INDI Development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v0.9.8. Following are the highlights of this release:
- Support for Telescope Alignment Subsystem Infrastructure. This includes an implementation of Markley's singular value decomposition (SVD) based algorithm for the computation of sky/telescope coordinate conversion transforms, in addition to multiple plugin support.
- Support for SkyWatcherAPI Mount with Alignment Subsystem.
- Support for ZWO Optics ASI Cameras (3rd party).
- Support for AAG Cloud Watcher station (3rd Party).
- Support for MoonLite focusers.
- Support for Fishcamp CCDs (3rd Party).
- Support for Imager Agent.
- Improved EQMod driver including custom parking position.
- New and updated Astrophysics mount driver.
- New and updated QHY CCD Driver (3rd Party).
- New and improved GPhoto driver to support DSLRs.
- New and updated Video4Linux CCD Driver including support for long exposures (LX) and Imaging Source cameras.
- New and improved Apogee CCD driver.
- Improved support for SBIG CCDs including ST-I.
- Updated and improved TCFS Focuser drivers.
- Drivers migrated to libusb 1.0 framework.
- Rapid Guide Support for CCD Drivers.
- Improved compatibility with Mac OSX including INDI Server and GUI.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.