INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

release 1.8 - looking for beta testers

• Thank you received: 109
Hi there, seems (at least from a first look) 1.8 is now a reproducible build and all blockers have been lifted.

This is gonna be again a breaking release so there will be no way to "upgrade" from previous versions to 1.8 as the way the image has been built changed slightly and it's not compatible.

For this reason I'd like to ask if there is anyone around who wants to have a run with it and report back any possible thing that broke to avoid releasing more issues. If so please drop me an email, a forum DM or ping me on discord and tomorrow after 11AM UTC the new version should be ready to be tested (will send you a link with the image to flash)

lemme know!

Mattia
The following user(s) said Thank You: Troy
3 months 1 week ago #98807
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 8
First little feedback:
  • cat .astroarch.version returns 1.7
  • astromonitor retrieve command gives a command not found error. I had to update with the command update-astromonitor to get it work
  • Home page of new "Software center" gives a missing dipendencies error: "Discover currently cannot be used to install any apps or perform system updates because none of its app backends are available.
    You can use pacman to install the optional dependencies that are needed to enable the application backends."
But the main feedback is that my equipments are connected and are working.

It is cloudy here and the weather forecast is bad for the next 10 days. It will take a while for a real test.
3 months 1 week ago #98837
Attachments:
for the 1.7 version in .astroarch.version => the value comes directly from git so I preferred to not bump it yet :D

the astromonitor one is weird, gonna debug it and will look also into the missing dependency for discover. Thanks!
3 months 1 week ago #98838
both issues with astromonitor/discover are fixed in upstream.

To fix them locally:
sudo pacman -S astromonitor packagekit-qt5

BAD NEWS: the clipboard doesn't work with tigervnc
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matteo
3 months 1 week ago #98841
Moderators: Mattia
Time to create page: 0.432 seconds