INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to set goto speed Kstars/Ekos

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Everyone,
i'm a new user in indi platform and i trying to use an raspberry pi for astroberry server to control my telescope.
My setup is an EQ5 mount controlled by AstroEq system.
I have a big problem with the kstars/ekos sw in which i can't set the maximum slew rate for go to.
Probably is a old topic but i don't find a solution and unfortunately my stepper motor don't support high speed (maximum 128x). Can you help me?
Thanks all.
3 years 3 weeks ago #69750

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Hi,
When you start Ekos a popup is shown with the INDI configuration. In the tab for your mount you can specify the goto or slew speed. Just click through the sub-tabs until you find the option. Don't forget to go to the Options tab for the mount and click Save so the changes get stored.
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Wouter van Reeven.
3 years 3 weeks ago #69753

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,
thanks for your support.
I tried to change the value in my mount  inside INDI control panel (EqMod Mount -> Motion control -> Custom Speeds) and after that i click on Save in Option tab (in attached). 
Unfortunately nothing is change, the motors go at the max speed when i perfom a goto command. I tried also to change from 0,05x to 128x but doesn't work.
I wrong something? i must be change some other field?

Thanks

3 years 3 weeks ago #69755
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 420
In the same tab almost at the top there is a drop down for the slew speed. You need to set that to 800x. Like I wrote, search for goto or slew speed, not custom speed.
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Wouter van Reeven.
3 years 3 weeks ago #69764

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.397 seconds