INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Error during make operation, building kstars from sources

• Thank you received: 19
Hello,

I am trying to build a V3.6.2 from source. So I download the kstars-stable-3.6.2 from invent.kde.org/education/kstars/´/tree/stable-3.6.2. I follow the instruction of forum message Jasem.
Installed first Indi, then 3rd party indi driver and then kstars. I succeded with the kstars-master source, the 6.3.4 version.
But with the 3.6.2, I get errors during the make. I join the file containing all the make message.
Having QHY camera, the 3.6.2 is the last version with no issue about their connection. As, it is the first time I compile kstars, I do it first on a laptop, but the goal is to compile on my RPI4.
Other question: Could it be possible to build a deb package from source ?
Thanks.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by MORELLI.
1 year 2 months ago #90704
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nobody build from sources ?

I understand that line 146 and 886, return 1 and not 0. True ? If so, why

In file included from /home/robert/Projects/build/kstars/kstars/KStarsLib_autogen/FRI4DANIHA/moc_clientmanager.cpp:10,
from /home/robert/Projects/build/kstars/kstars/KStarsLib_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp:137:
/home/robert/Projects/build/kstars/kstars/KStarsLib_autogen/FRI4DANIHA/../../../../../kstars-stable-3.6.2/kstars/indi/clientmanager.h:88:22: note: by ‘virtual void ClientManager::newDevice(INDI::BaseDevice*)’
88 | virtual void newDevice(INDI::BaseDevice *dp) override;
| ^~~~~~~~~
make[2]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/build.make:886: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/KStarsLib_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1775: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:146: all] Error 2
robert@robert-PORTEGE:~/Projects/build/kstars$
1 year 2 months ago #90776

• Thank you received: 2
Hiya - not sure I can help - but I regularly use Nou’s setup - has always worked great for me. I have kstars/ekos on a bare-bones rpi4. I have 3.6.3 stable working great.

gitea.nouspiro.space/nou/astro-soft-build

Good luck.
1 year 2 months ago #90779

I want to run the V3.6.2 because I have two QHY cameras and with the V3.6.3 and also the V3.6.4 beta, the connection doesn't go well. There is a problem either with kstars or with the indi driver. So I can't use kstars at all !

I can compile the V3.6.4 beta, the last version, named kstars-master on the site invent.kde.org/education/kstars.
But with the V3.6.2 or V3.5.9, the compilation is not successfull, always with the same errors during the make operation.
It's really annoying.
Hereunder the end of the make:

In file included from /home/robert/Projects/build/kstars/kstars/KStarsLib_autogen/FRI4DANIHA/moc_clientmanager.cpp:10,
from /home/robert/Projects/build/kstars/kstars/KStarsLib_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp:137:
/home/robert/Projects/build/kstars/kstars/KStarsLib_autogen/FRI4DANIHA/../../../../../kstars-stable-3.6.2/kstars/indi/clientmanager.h:88:22: note: by ‘virtual void ClientManager::newDevice(INDI::BaseDevice*)’
88 | virtual void newDevice(INDI::BaseDevice *dp) override;
| ^~~~~~~~~
make[2]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/build.make:886: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/KStarsLib_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1775: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:146: all] Error 2
robert@robert-PORTEGE:~/Projects/build/kstars$
1 year 2 months ago #90783

• Thank you received: 114
INDI and KStars are quite tied together so you can get error when building older Kstars with newer INDI and vice versa. I recomend compile INDI that correspond to KStars used.
With KStars 3.6.2 there was INDI 1.9.9 so build them together.
You can try to use this version of my script gitea.nouspiro.space/nou/astro-soft-buil...build-soft-stable.sh that will build these versions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette
1 year 2 months ago #90784

Thank you very much. Your script is running on the RPI4 at this time. One question: How to configure the version of Indi and 3rd party into the script please ?
1 year 2 months ago #90785

After 3-4 hours, Kstars 3.6.2 is finaly installed on the RPI4 with Bulleyes. Unfortunately, QHY cameras do not connect !
On my laptop, I have the V3.6.2 bêta and the cameras connect !
Indi version seems to be the same:
- Indi Library 1.9.9 code v1.9.9 Protocol 1.7 on the RPI
- Indi Library 1.9.9 code v1.9.9-tgz Protocol 1.7 on the laptop.
1 year 2 months ago #90793

• Thank you received: 5
Hello, I experienced similar issues with my QHY (268M under Ubuntu 22.04), but they were linked to the installed version of the QHY SDK.
I still do not understand the relationship between the QHY SDK and the indi-qhy 3rdparty driver, but in my experience, these two "interact" in some manner, and upgrading the SDK and then using Nou's install script has always resolved my connectivity issues.
1 year 2 months ago #90849

• Thank you received: 114
Maybe the issue is missing fxload3? I added build of fxload in my build scripts. Try to run build-fxload.sh to see if it solve this issue.
1 year 2 months ago #90858

• Thank you received: 50
Hi Nou, Thanks for the help your scripts provide for building KStars on the Raspberry Pi OS 64-bit. I have yet to try KStars 3-6-2 Indi 2.0.0 under dark skies, but things are apparently working indoors.There were some 'issues' during the build but the final result seems to be operational ....... fingers crossed!
Ed
1 year 2 months ago #90907

Time to create page: 0.998 seconds