INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroSoftBuild scripts to easy build INDI and KStars

• Thank you received: 114
Ok PHD2 portion was disabled for so long that it broke down. I added option that if you pass phd2 as argument into script it will build it. It will build older version 2.6.12 as newer require cmake 3.24 which is AFAIK not available on raspberry os.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Osvaldo Paez
2 months 1 week ago #99134

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Hi. Today I have tried to compile PHD2 unsuccessfully. Then I found the issue that is mentioned here. I am wondering if kstar compiling can be done by cmake 3.24. My O/S is Ubuntu 22.04. Do you suggest a different O/S. ?What is your environment?
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by sergio.
2 months 1 week ago #99136

I am also on Ubuntu 22.04. Try compile 2.6.12 that should work with older cmake.
2 months 1 week ago #99137

Ok. Thank you. We will check with the next phd2 and kstar releases.
BTW: by Remote desktop of Windows I connect Pi. What is your solution?
2 months 1 week ago #99141

Hi,

according to the documentation nou's scripts should work on any Debian-based distro. This would include Pi OS bullseye 64bit. However compilation on that distro fails repeatedly within the indi-3rdparty section at libahp-gt compilation/linking time. Error is "File format not recognized." for '/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libahp_gt.so' by ld. File is actually a 64bit object as expected.

Apologies for not supplying exact error messages - I am currently trying the same installation on Ubuntu 22.04 after it was mentioned within this thread and that seems to at least get over the indi-3rdparty section that breaks on Pi OS (but I would prefer to run the whole thing on Pi OS). If required I can set up the system again on a new SD card with Pi OS and supply exact info. But it can be reproduced quite easily.

Steps to reproduce: follow the installation instructions. Fresh install of Pi OS bullseye 64bit (desktop), get the scripts via git clone, run `./install-dependencies.sh` and run either "build-soft-stable.sh" or "build-soft-latest.sh" (it fails on either). Compilation runs fine till the indi-3rdparty section where the error occurs and the script stops.

Is this a known issue?
Is there anything that would need to be setup/configured/installed prior to cloing and running the scripts? I suspect that the gcc/cc/ld setup on Pi OS is different from Ubuntu which causes this issue.

Thank you for any insights,
Michael
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Gordon Shumway.
2 months 1 week ago #99167

• Thank you received: 50
I now exclusively use Raspberry Pi OS 64bit ‘bookworm’ on my RPi4 and RPi5. Just to say I have several microSD cards and USB drives (Samsung Fit Plus 256GB) on which nou’s scripts have worked perfectly, the latest one being yesterday (2024-02-17). I used to use bullseye but after the December updates, bookworm has been working fine.
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Avocette.
2 months 1 week ago #99168

Hello Avocette,

thank you for the information that it cmpiles on bookworm which can also be gathered by watching Wolfgang's video some postings above. My question however was whether the scripts will work on bullseye.

Regards,
Michael
2 months 1 week ago #99169

Yes this is known issue. Triple check that you have indeed 64 bit system. Because /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf path indicate that you are running 32 bit system.
2 months 1 week ago #99173

I used Pi Imager to install "Raspberry Pi OS (Legacy, 64bit) a port of Debian Bullseye with security updates and desktop environment".
"uname -a" returned 'aarch64' (among other info). No further config was done on the system so I assumed that I was running a 64bit system.

Am currently trying installation with bookworm - usually I try to avoid OS-versions that are so young.

Thank you for responding,

Michael
2 months 1 week ago #99174

I saw this issue previosly. uname -a does return aarch64 on raspberry OS but it is in fact 32bit system. Only kernel is 64bit but rest of system is 32bit. If there is no /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu then you don't run 64bit system.
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by nou.
2 months 1 week ago #99176

There was no /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu - I checked when looking at toolchains to remedy this issue. So that seems to be the cause: I was not running a full 64bit kernel/OS/userland installation.

Thank you for clearing this up,
Michael
2 months 1 week ago #99188

• Thank you received: 50
A question for Nou or other software experts: Does the script have to be run on the device which it will be used on? I have used Nou's script to build KStars 3.6.9 on Raspberry Pi OS 64bit Bookworm on both a Raspberry Pi 5 (8GB) and a Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB). I was surprised to find that the two images do not seem to be interchangable, although I have found that the RPi 4 one does run also on an RPi 4 (8GB) as I expected. Any explanations? Thanks.
2 months 5 days ago #99247

Time to create page: 1.200 seconds