INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[solved] A Feature stopped?

• Thank you received: 158
Over the past two years I enjoyed a feature where if I walk into my dome and manually move my mount by hand, the dome would follow automatically. I didn’t need to do anything on computer.

But now, the dome syncs ok, as before, but when I unlock my mount and push the scope by hand the dome no longer follows.

Is there an option that I may have turn back on?
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Peter Kennett.
10 months 3 weeks ago #93425

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 34

Replied by AstroMuni on topic A Feature stopped?

Hi Peter, are you sure that in the past you were pushing scope by hand and dome followed? I am just thinking how would the dome know where the mount is pointing if you have moved it manually by releasing the clutches? Doesnt seem feasible. Am I missing something?
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
10 months 2 weeks ago #93428

Replied by Peter Kennett on topic A Feature stopped?

Absolutely, it was great to show off when I had visitors. My mount is a CEM120 EC2 which has dual high res encoders. It knows where the scope is pointing all time, even when I power down.

I loved the feature when I was adjusting the dome sync parameters as I could move the scope and immediately watch the dome move and that made it easy for me to adjust the sync parameters.

Now I have lost this feature.
10 months 2 weeks ago #93434

Replied by AstroMuni on topic A Feature stopped?

Sorry to hear that. Is the Slaving option still enabled in Indi for the dome?
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by AstroMuni.
10 months 2 weeks ago #93436

Replied by Peter Kennett on topic A Feature stopped?

Yes. It slaves fine otherwise. I will have to go out and play around with older versions to find out when the change occurred.
10 months 2 weeks ago #93437

Ok, solved it. The issue was not with EKOS or INDI, but my mount's encoders were not updating their position when I manually moved the mount around.
I fiddled with it and got it working, but it may be that my encoder sensors are dirty. We have a ton of fine dust up here in the high desert.
Anyones it is working now, and the dome slaves to any position I manually move the scope around the sky by hand.
10 months 2 weeks ago #93444

Thats great. Glad its all sorted
Clear Skies,
Pramod

10 months 2 weeks ago #93446

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds