INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astrometry.net online solver

• Thank you received: 8
Hi all,
following an issue I had with an image with the wrong coordinates into its FITS header, I explored the possibility of setting up a clone of nova.astrometry.net for our little club use.
At first I tried to follow the official instructions at astrometry.net/doc/nova.html. These turned out to be unfollowable, though, as I suspect are pretty old and it won't work with a current distro, ex ubuntu 20.04. Python throws errors and I can't debug those.
So I resorted to using ANSVR. This product mimics the behaviour of nova.astrometry.net locally, but on windows. Since it uses cygwin, it's essentially a perl script leveraging astrometry plate-solve command. It was relatively easy to put onto an ubuntu VM and, after fiddling with it a bit (I had to add support for image width and height), it solves it. Sadly, ekos is not satisfied by the response, saying it cannot parse the "height" value, which is not returned by the solver.
What exactly is ekos expecting in return? 
On a related note, I tried using the official nova.astrometry.net server, but it's unusable? ekos returns a server error when logging in through /api/login.

Thanks for any info, it's appreciated.
2 years 9 months ago #73800

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds