INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler executes immediately despite twilight or set time configuration - 3.5.5 Beta

• Thank you received: 19
Just built the latest and testing - made a basic schedule that SHOULD start in 1 hour from now - the job kicks off immediately - tried also with setting a specific time - same result 

File Attachment:

File Name: log_19-56-03.txt
File Size:61 KB

Log attached - will report as I find more - this is a bit of a show stopper as it makes automatic schedule impossible!
2 years 8 months ago #74687
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 567
There was also another similar issue posted here:
indilib.org/forum/ekos/10171-build-from-...t-job-restraint.html

I just tried on the simulator and could not reproduce. I did the following:
- set my location to Toronto (close to where your log shows)
- set my time to 8pm Friday Aug 20, similar to your log
- set a target in the scheduler of the Ring nebula (again what I think you did), and added a sequence to capture,
- clicked the twilight restriction, but left the various altitude restrictions unchecked
- clicked plus, to add the job, then clicked the play button to start the scheduler.
As you can see on the image below, at least the simulated Ekos seems to be happy to wait until 21:59.

When I remove the twilight restriction from the simulator/scheduler, it does start up right away.

When you run the simulator, do you also get the proper behavior, or can you reproduce your issue there?
Is it possible you didn't add the twilight restriction to your scheduler job?
(Just having it checked on the screen without it being part of the job doesn't work--see my comment in the other thread).

Hy

Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Hy Murveit.
2 years 8 months ago #74740
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 19
I rolled back to 3.4.5 stable and it was OK - chalk this one up to some bad setting or human error
2 years 8 months ago #74750

Time to create page: 0.606 seconds