INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Optical Train doesn’t recognise Celestron SCT focusser connected via aux port

• Thank you received: 2
Bit of an fyi really - It seems that my Celestron sct focusser needs to be independently connected to my RPI computer via usb in order for it to be recognised in the optical train and operational on the focussing tab in ekos. Prior to 3.6.1, the sct focusser was recognised automatically when connected only to an integral aux port on the base.

Maybe this was an intended change in 3.6.1, but it does mean an additional cable running from telescope to computer - which is not as optimal as a line running from the back of the telescope direct to the base.

Thanks for all the effort and help. Much appreciated - it’s a superb integrated package.

1 year 6 months ago #87083

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thank you John for the report. This is actually a bug in the Celestron driver which I just fixed. The issue is that the driver did not update its interface to indicate focuser is supported after it was detected. Now it should update the driver interface and hopefully you can use the built-in Aux focuser as it is.
1 year 6 months ago #87087

• Thank you received: 2
Hiya - I’ve reinstalled 3.6.2beta from the push of October 14th. I find I still need to connect the Celestron sct focusser direct to my rpi4 by usb cable, and specifically select Celestron sct as focusser in the profile editor for it to work. (Then select Celestron sct in the OT).

If I just connect via the aux cable to the Mount aux input then the focusser appears in the ‘Focus’ tab of the Celestron CPC tab in the indi control panel … but it doesn’t show up in the optical train selection in the main focus tab.

Thanks for any help. Much appreciated.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by John Pillar.
1 year 6 months ago #87179

• Thank you received: 0
I want to +1 I am also having the same issue.
I redownloaded the newest KSTARS 5 min ago and it doesn't work unless I plug the focuser Directly via USB. Over AUX nothing happens.
1 year 6 months ago #87440

This requires an update in INDI drivers as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Pillar
1 year 6 months ago #87444

• Thank you received: 0
Do I have update the Indi driver? I thought that happens when I redownload the newest version of KSTARS on a Mac. How od I update the Indi drivers
1 year 6 months ago #87456

You're right, please re-download the latest MacOS DMG (uploaded 2 days ago) and see if this helps.
1 year 6 months ago #87462

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds