INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Is the Rotator supposed to do this?

• Thank you received: 155
I noticed that when I load an image to "Load & Slew" that the rotator will rotate the camera to match - as expected.
But it treats the angle and its opposite angle as the same. That is, 90 and 270 are treated as if they are the same. I understand that I can simply rotate the image 180 degrees when registering them but sometimes I really just want to keep the same angle. The reason I sometimes want to keep the exact same angle is that my OAG guide stars may be better one way vs the 180 degree flip. I now sometimes have to manually go in and manually rotate the camera 180 degrees if I desire the same angle as the original.
7 months 3 weeks ago #95367

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 74
Hi Peter
I'm the author of the new rotator module and you are right, that's the rotator behaviour at the moment. For loaded sequence jobs you can override this with the option "Save camera Position Angle to Sequence Job", but that doesn't help you with a [Load & Slew].
But I'm working on a global "rotator flip policy" option which I'm testing right now on my rig. This allows to preserve the rotator angle (which is the current inherent policy) or to preserve the position angle (which exactly addresses your case) after a flip or after a [Load & Slew] with a "flipped" image. If all goes well I will present a merge request very soon.
7 months 3 weeks ago #95369

• Thank you received: 74
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Kennett
7 months 2 weeks ago #95590
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 155
Great work! Thank you.
I will test as soon as the Mac nightly has the update.
7 months 2 weeks ago #95594

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds