INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Capture & Solve / Sync run leaves Load & Slew button greyed out

• Thank you received: 161
Hi,

when I start my session, I direct my scope somewhere, let's say Cassiopeia. I then click at the sky map somewhere in Cassiopeia and click "Telescope - sync". This should facilitate a successful and fast plate solve. So I do a Capture & Solve - Sync to get the crosshair precisely where the scope looks at. After that I'd like to continue the previous session by directing the scope towards the Bubble nebula. Unfortunately the "Load and Slew" button is now greyed out. In order to have it active again, I have to perform a slew. Why is this? Is it intended?

I am fully aware I could do a "Load and slew" right away without having the scope perfectly synced. But anyway, what am I missing here?
Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Alfred.
7 months 2 weeks ago #95697

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 74
Hi Alfred

There is indeed a missing activation of the Load & Slew button in the Align module! I'll sign in a merge request right now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
7 months 2 weeks ago #95712

5 months 4 days ago #97345

• Thank you received: 161
Toni,

yesterday I updated Indi and Ekos and was observing the whole night. Unfortunately I found this bug has crept back in. Quite a few times I was unable to access "Load and Slew" and only after I moved the Telescope a tiny bit, the button became accessible again.
3 months 2 weeks ago #98002

Yes, I know. The MR did not make its way into the stable version. Recently I even updated the MR, but until today there was no reaction from the chief developers. I hope your message will put my MR to the top of the queue.
3 months 2 weeks ago #98003

Good news! The MR was integrated into the master yesterday. You can wait for 3.6.9 stable or use a nightly build.
Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Toni Schriber.
3 months 2 weeks ago #98042

Time to create page: 1.589 seconds