INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Configuration parameters for GSC images - which, what, and where -- howto ??

• Thank you received: 3
The system is updated to the latest release. It is within a couple of days of being up to date.
For the last several months the connection between the camera simulator and GSC has worked to support the CCD simulator creating star images. I have not used it for a few weeks until the last couple of days. The CCD simulator has stopped working to create images. The fits file is blank, dark grey.
My question is: What are the CCD simulator to GSC config dependencies? Are they documented? How / what are the stpes of configuring / confirming the configuration?
Thanks in advance, Dan
5 months 2 weeks ago #97062

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update: I increased the exposure time and that produced faint stars. I speculate there may be a sensitivity setting that is too restrictive. Is there a way to increase / manage the simulator - GSC capture sensitivity?
The caputure rate is very low and the star image very poor.
BTW: I am doing this during the day. Does this create an issue?
Thanks, Dan
5 months 2 weeks ago #97098

Is anyone else having this issue? A few weeks back when I used this feature it worked very well.
I then didn't use it and then upgraded to the latest releases. Now the GSC images are very poor.
Any help appreciated. Thanks, Dan
5 months 2 weeks ago #97120

5 months 2 weeks ago #97123

Thank you. I have tried gain of 0 and 90.
This is strange. It was working very well up to a few weeks ago. I have been 'upgrading' regularly. The builds are within a couple of days from current.
I have tried it on 2 different systems. One has almost configurations, just the simulators. I use the other as a controller, it has all the configs I use.
Hope this helps. Dan
5 months 2 weeks ago #97144

• Thank you received: 566
Dan

I was just playing with the simulator myself and came across a similar issue.
I found that the problem for me was that the system was simulating things like aperture and f-ratio, and I needed to make sure I had a "reasonable telescope".
So, for instance, in your simulator optical train, click on the telescopes and lenses button at the bottom of the optical train editor and see what aperture and focal length you are using.
For example, the below worked for me. I used gain 100, 1280x1024 sensor, 10s exposure. I'm sure I could expose faster and modify the other parameters as well, but start with that.
Also, included below is a screenshot of my indi simulator config

Hy

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Sawyer
5 months 2 weeks ago #97146
Attachments:

Thank you.
I played with the parameters a bit. There seems to be an issue with shorter focal lenghts, 900 mm worked great while 300 mm failed to produce stars.
I then tried plate solveing without success, but that is another topic.
Thanks again.Dan
5 months 1 week ago #97153

Time to create page: 0.922 seconds