INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

NOW WHAT? Ekos no longer can perform plate solves

• Thank you received: 8
Something disturbing has happened to my setup.

Over the past few months I've become relatively comfortable with KStars/Ekos, in particular, its alignment functions. I've successfully performed aligning solves after GOTOs, and polar alignment solves. I'd gotten comfortable with this. Then tonight it all came crashing down. Suddenly NO plate solving functions work. And they fail quickly. Not sure why. I don't think it's the lenses. I don't think it's been knocked out of focus. Nothing has dropped on the ground.

My prime suspect is the camera. Some setting may have changed, resulting in the following capture after a GOTO to the vicinity of Jupiter. Since plate solving didn't work, it's only the vicinity. I can see the scope pointing in the right general direction.

I've never done a capture that came back with a green background before.

Of course, it might be something else. Something is broken but what? How do I even go about figuring this one out?
4 months 1 week ago #97651
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It is looking like my $800 camera is toast after three months of use. In both KStars/Ekos and AstroDMxCapture, I am seeing green captures. The one in the original post, and another taken this morning pointed at blue sky:

4 months 1 week ago #97658
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 31
Steve,

Use another application to run the camera and see what it does.

If it works fine then it must be some setting or fault with Kstars/Ekos.

Paul
4 months 1 week ago #97660

Yes, I thought to try AstroDmxCapture and it also showed a green screen when used in broad daylight. On CloudyNights www.cloudynights.com/topic/903613-is-my-...toast/#entry13135650 was recommended to try using Zwo’s AsiStudio running from Windows to test not only with different software but a different computer.
4 months 1 week ago #97663

• Thank you received: 31
Steve,

Astro cameras are very sensitive and will need to be tested at night or a dark room.

Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Cohen
4 months 1 week ago #97666

Tested camera under Windows, it's fine. Something is wrong on my Pi, either hardware or some corruption in the software.
4 months 1 week ago #97672

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds