INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Another scheduler question: artificial horizon

• Thank you received: 20
Hi all,
as I wrote before I'm testing the scheduler. In principle it workes but I encountered another question:

I had created an artificial horizon for my balcony observatory. Today I tried with simulators to see, if the full FOV of the camera is up the horizon when starting the sequence. The picture shows the situation for the first light. As one can see, part of the picture is still below the artificial horizon. Target was the star Mirach.

My question is, how can I set things that the first picture is taken only if the whole area of the sensor is out of the horizon? I tried some settings, e.g. "setting altitude cutoff" but nothing helped.

Any hinds/help appriceated
2 months 4 weeks ago #98548
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 566
That makes sense, but isn’t currently implemented. Currently all the checks like altitude and artificial horizon use the center of the image. Of course, as a workaround you could increase your horizon a little, which might make sense for other reasons as well.
Hy
2 months 4 weeks ago #98551

• Thank you received: 20
Thank you for your quick reply. I made my horizon roughly 1° bigger than it actually is. So for long focus length no problem. But I use focal length down to 180mm (sometime 50mm, but thats rare), so I have with my QHY268C 7.5° x 5° FOV. So I would have to cut off nearly 4°, for 1500mm FL I would need only 0.5° (+ offset due to disturbed air and so on near the "horizon")

It would be on the wish list to have this feature: start of capturing depending on focal length :-)

But doesnt matter you guys do all a very good job :-)
2 months 4 weeks ago #98552

Time to create page: 0.593 seconds