INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Capturing flats using Ekos calibration tool

• Thank you received: 0
Hi All,

I recently did an imaging set with my Raspberry PI and Ekos, but it looks like my lights saved internally to Raspberry PI as FITS files and when i came to complete flat files depressing the shutter It is saving Flats as CR2 within the camera SD card in a slightly different pixel size. After stacking obviously my flats didn't apply to my final image at all because of compatibility. After doing some research I realise there is a way to take flats though Ekos, but to do it is a little more complicated requiring some setting for my camera. If I am using a Canon D450 DSLR camera is there anybody aware of what setting I need to input for Ekos to correctly expose my flat frames?

Last edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by Tariq .
1 month 4 weeks ago #99486
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 11
You need to select ADU under the Flat duration section and enter a number that represents your desired brightness (many people go for roughly 1/3 of maximum, which is 2^x, where x is however many bits your camera uses to write pixel brightness values into output files).

See docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kstars/kstars/eko...e-calibration-frames for some details.
1 month 3 weeks ago #99526

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the reply, I will apply it and see if it works.
1 month 3 weeks ago #99539

Time to create page: 0.602 seconds