INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Capture module stuck in Pause mode

• Thank you received: 133
Last night I stopped an ongoing sequence by pressing 'Pause'. I'm doing that often, and so far without problems continuing afterwards.
However, this time I happened to press pause when the system was doing a dither move (external, via phd2). The dither finished, settled, and the sequence went into pause state. I wanted to do some changes to tracking mode that upset guiding for a moment. Having done that, I pressed the 'Run' arrow, like always, to continue the sequence.
However, it wouldn't. The message next to the exposure time counter said 'paused', showing the spinning icon. There was no way I could figure out to reset the module to normal state. I tried aborting and restarting the sequence, which didn't work. So I deleted the sequence, created a new one (for the remaining 40 exposures), but also that one claimed the module being paused.
Next I dis- and re-connected the camera in the INDI control panel, also without success. So I ended up completely disconnecting all devices, disconnect from indiserver, and restart that (on the remote host). After reconnecting to all devices I could finally set up and run a sequence for the last 40 exposures.

Log of that part is attached, though it probably doesn't give too much info, except maybe the error
org.kde.kstars.ekos.capture] - "Warning: Calibration process was prematurely terminated."
that I see there (but have no idea what it means). Not sure if such a scenario can be retraced in the simulator?
4 years 8 months ago #41440
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
Problem confirmed, I could reproduce it. Pausing during dithering leads to a situation so that resuming does not work. It remains paused.

I'll try to fix it.

- Wolfgang
4 years 8 months ago #41466

• Thank you received: 370
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred, Peter Sütterlin
4 years 8 months ago #41471

Time to create page: 0.579 seconds