INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Can't connect Mount and Filter wheel simultaneously

• Thank you received: 1
Hi,

Here is some info: Running Rpi 4 4gb w/ astroberry
Camera: QHY294m
FW: QHYFW3
Guide cam: ZWO120mm
Mount: EQ6-r

Issue: It seems that I can get my camera and my guider connected properly, and they each take up a USB3 port on the pi. I have my Filter wheel connected through my QHY camera. My mount is connected through a USB2 port.

It appears that I can connect either my mount or my filter wheel (when running the QHYFW2 drivers and not the 3rd gen drivers), but not both together. I get the message Port /dev/ttyUSB0 is already used by another driver or process. When I connect my filter wheel separately to USB2, Kstars/EKOS crashes and then I can't connect either of my cameras or filter wheel, but I can still connect my mount.

I see that some people have also had this issue, but I haven't been able to resolve it. As a side note, I am pretty new to Linux and Rpi, but I can work my way around if needed.

Thanks!
3 years 4 months ago #65177

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello, this is a common issue. Each driver attempting to connect to the serial ports at the same time. Best long term solution is to assign a permanent port to each (e.g. /dev/filterwheel and /dev/mount).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gevork Mkrtchyan
3 years 4 months ago #65210

• Thank you received: 1
Yes, so I was making a terrible mistake. It seems that FW control was done through the camera drivers/connection (I guess that should have been more apparent since I was connecting the FW to the Camera. I was loading the FW separately which was unnecessary. It was also impossible to assign the FW to something since the only device that would pop up would be the combo of camera and FW.

Either way, thanks for the help!
3 years 3 months ago #65361

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds