INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Crash and Error with the driver for ZWO EAF using EKOS

• Thank you received: 0
I switched from using a Celestron focus motor to a ZWO EAF on my C11 Edge HD because I like the fact that I can focus the telescope without having the computer on when I am just doing visual observing.

I'm using KStars ver. 3.5.3 on a Mac mini. Everything worked fine when I used the Celestron focuser (the other things I have in this profile are the Losmandy Gemini mount, two ZWO cameras and the ZWO EFW). I replaced it and installed the ZWO EAF. I made a new profile with the EAF. Whenever I run it it reports a crash and indicates that it will attempt a restart. So I haven't been able to use EKOS with the EAF.  This does not happen when I use INDI Web Manager. I can connect to the INDI server with iINDI and the EAF works just fine.

I have KStars ver. 3.3.6 on my MacBook Pro laptop and made a profile to include the EAF. I simply plugged in the USB cable that connects into my Mac Mini, and low and behold, everything worked. So this must be an issue with KStars ver. 3.5.3. I deleted it, downloaded a new copy and reinstalled it. Same result.

Anybody else have this issue? I don't have the download for KStars 3.3.6 anymore, so is it possible to download that from somewhere so I can roll back the version?

Hans 
2 years 10 months ago #72266

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds