INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Manual Filter

• Thank you received: 9
I"ve been using the "manual filter" since I have a filter drawer. This causes issues if I want to run an unattended sequence. Some things like a meridian flip will bring up a dialog asking if the right filter is in place or to change the filter, and if I'm not there to push the "ok" button the sequence stops. It's rainy now and I'm trying to find a way to make this better for automation. I just tried using the "Filter simulator" and it seems to do the right thing. As long as I set the correct filter color everywhere that will do captures, the scheduler will not prompt for filter status or to change the filter. I always run one filter per night, so I don't need to change them. Is this the right approach? Is anyone else doing it like this?

The only reason I use the ekos filter component is so that fit's files and directory names have the right filter name in them.

Jamie
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by James Amendolagine.
11 months 3 weeks ago #92525

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 565

Replied by Hy Murveit on topic Manual Filter

James,

I can try and add a timeout for that pop-up filter confirmation if you like.
I found something in the code that pops up the following, is this the one you're talking about?
"Set filter to %1. Is filter set?"

Also, I guess I'd use a long timeout--would 5 minutes be OK? If not, what timeout would you suggest
(e.g. to be long-enough to wait appropriately, but not stall the job all night)?

Are there other popups you're aware of that can block forever inappropriately?

Also, I'm not familiar with manual filters. Where is that control? if you wanted to run unattended, I suppose you shouldn't tell Ekos you were using filters at all.

Hy
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Amendolagine
11 months 3 weeks ago #92528

Replied by James Amendolagine on topic Manual Filter

Thanks, but I don't think this is needed. I think that I just did not understand how to use the manual filter. I see now that in the indi panel you can "set" the filter, and your can confirm "Filter is set". So you are supposed to hit "filter is set" after you physically change the filter. If "Filter is set" is selected and the led green, then the Ekos Capture and Align panels will have the right filter set, and no prompt will be issued. I always use one filter per night so I just need to make sure that "Filter is set" has been selected, and there will be no prompt for my unattended sessions. Adding a timeout would probably not be good for people that manually change filters and expect the prompt to wait for them to change the filter.

Jamie
11 months 3 weeks ago #92529

Replied by James Amendolagine on topic Manual Filter

After looking into this it seem that the ekos align module is not updating the filter color so it is not picking up any filter change. I'm not sure if this is intended or an oversight. But it could result in a prompt happening when the align filter color is different than the capture or focus filter colors.
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by James Amendolagine.
11 months 3 weeks ago #92530

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds