I think that's actually a different issue - the segfault information is different, and the symptoms are somewhat different. As far as I can tell, the issue that I've been seeing is something specific to the binary Atik library when used on newer kernels, rather than something internal to kstars or indi.
I'm not sure what to suggest for your issue, but a general rebuild isn't a bad place to start. Perhaps check that any third party components were also updated in sync with kstars/indi.
Because an astrophoto setup is a chain that don't works if a part fail ... I have been oblige to move under Windows, where all the Ascom drivers works.
At this occasion I discovered the open source software 'N.I.N.A' and honestly I have been impressed. And at least I can make pictures !
Nevertheless my wish is to stay as much as possible within linux (Mint 20.2 currently). Accordingly I'm regularly testing updates of Kstars/ Ekos/ Indi. That I did today, but only to find that the error remains (Kstars 3.5.5 stable and INDI drivers updates).
I unfortunately cannot improve the situation by myself, so I continue to hope that someone, someday, will identify the problem.
Clear sky to All,
Pleased to read that the topic is progressing positively!
I'm using Mint 20.2 that is based upon Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal Fossa). 'libgcc1' was natively installed but not 'lib64stdc++6'. So I did it manually (Synaptic package) for the latest, and rebooted the machine, in case.
Unfortunately it doesn't solve the issue in my case. Is their any other action that I could test ?
Have a good day!
I didn't have my original (problematic) configuration set up, so I created a new 20.04 machine, followed the build/installation instructions, and then tried to install the packages which provide these files. These were the only two which didn't show up as installed on my system, but there were others - go through those files and do a search to see if there are any other ones which you might not have by default. Also, it may help to rebuild/reinstall kstars/indi/libatik/indi-atik after grabbing these prerequisites.
Thanks for your advice. I'm doing my best to follow when it starts to be technical, but reaching my limits quickly.
Following the link you provided, I have been looking for the libraries that are marked as 'Needed'. I did that with my desktop, on which the filter wheel is recognized, and on my laptop, that I'm using with the telescope. Configurations are identical on both, but it is to be noticed that almost half of the libraries are missing.
In case, I re-installed INDI drivers and Kstars/Ekos. Unfortunately the problem remains.
From there, I tried to install one of each such package - in the sample above, this was libgomp1. If you haven't yet, I'd recommend re-trying that for all of the files mentioned in that post. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling kstars, indi, and the appropriate indi-3rdparty libraries.