INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Missing 3rd party drivers in Ekos VM?

• Thank you received: 2
Hello,

I have the Ekos VM 1.5.0 (Kubuntu 16.04). I know that a newer version 1.5.1 is available, but it takes time to install the astrometry.net data and other stuff I have installed, so I prefer to keep the 1.5.0, and to update it.

I noticed that some 3rd party drivers are missing in my install: only those XML files are in /usr/share/indi:
indi_gphoto.xml
indi_maxdomeii.xml
indi_apogee.xml
indi_aagcloudwatcher_sk.xml
indi_aagcloudwatcher.xml
indi_sbig.xml
indi_ffmv.xml
indi_sx.xml
indi_gpsd.xml
indi_dsi.xml
indi_asiccd.xml
indi_qhy.xml
indi_fishcamp.xml
indi_align_sk.xml
indi_eqmod_scope_limits_sk.xml
indi_eqmod_simulator_sk.xml
indi_eqmod_sk.xml
indi_eqmod.xml
indi_fli.xml
indi_qsi.xml
drivers.xml
indi_tcfs_sk.xml

And it is confirmed with the command:
dpkg -l | grep indi

So I had to install the following packages with Aptitude:
indi-duino
indi-mi

It is no big deal because I then installed them with the package manager, but I was just wondering why the IndiDuino and the MI driver are not included in the VM.

Edit: But the names of the IndiDuino drivers do not appear in the drivers.xml file. I can use the indi_duino by lauching it in command line though. But the web manager crashes on startup, when parsing the XML files I guess:
indiwebmanager.service - INDI Web Manager
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/indiwebmanager.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2016-05-26 15:17:24 AST; 2min 46s ago
  Process: 815 ExecStart=/usr/bin/python /home/indi/indiwebmanager/servermanager/drivermanager.py (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 815 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

May 26 15:17:24 ekos python[815]:   File "/home/indi/indiwebmanager/servermanager/drivermanager.py", line 4, in <module>
May 26 15:17:24 ekos python[815]:     from servermanager import startServer, stopServer, isServerRunning, getRunningDrivers
May 26 15:17:24 ekos python[815]:   File "/home/indi/indiwebmanager/servermanager/servermanager.py", line 4, in <module>
May 26 15:17:24 ekos python[815]:     from parsedrivers import driversList
May 26 15:17:24 ekos python[815]:   File "/home/indi/indiwebmanager/servermanager/parsedrivers.py", line 35, in <module>
May 26 15:17:24 ekos python[815]:     family = group.attrib['group']
May 26 15:17:24 ekos python[815]: KeyError: 'group'
May 26 15:17:24 ekos systemd[1]: indiwebmanager.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
May 26 15:17:24 ekos systemd[1]: indiwebmanager.service: Unit entered failed state.
May 26 15:17:24 ekos systemd[1]: indiwebmanager.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Clément.
7 years 11 months ago #8506

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds