INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

Modify filename

1 month 2 days ago 1 month 2 days ago by freiform.
freiform
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Modify filename #44471
Hi,

is there a way to modify filenames beyond adding a simple timestamp? I would like to have additional information like temperature, etc. in there.

Thanks
Sven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 1 day ago
sterne-jaeger
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Modify filename #44478
Hi Swen,
timestamp, duration, filter and name prefix - that's all.

Wolfgang

TSA-120 + FSQ-85 + GSO 150/750 | Avalon Linear + M-zero | Moravian G2-8300 + ASI 1600mm pro + ASI 294mc pro | KStars/INDI on Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspbian 10

1 month 1 day ago
phomer60
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Modify filename #44482
Sven,

If you have a set temperature you can just include it in the file name, for instance NGC5128_b1g1T-15 etc

Paul

1 month 1 day ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Modify filename #44486
Good advise from phomer60. You can "abuse" the Object Name field for this. I suppose that this is for quick inspection of the files because the temperature info is added to the headers of the images (either FITS or CR2 in case of a Canon DSLR) so the info is available.

Wouter

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

1 month 1 day ago
freiform
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Modify filename #44493
Hi,

thank you for the answers. I am aware that I can set a prefix or look at the FITS header, but that's not really what I am after.

The capture module seems to support scripts, I guess I could use astropy's fits package to get the required information from the header and write my own filename.

Anyway, it would be nice to expose the different variables inside EKOS to build a custom String, like %OBJECT_%FILTER_%EXPOSURE_%GAIN_%TEMP_%FRAME.fits

Sven

1 month 1 day ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Modify filename #44494

freiform wrote: Hi,

thank you for the answers. I am aware that I can set a prefix or look at the FITS header, but that's not really what I am after.

The capture module seems to support scripts, I guess I could use astropy's fits package to get the required information from the header and write my own filename.

Anyway, it would be nice to expose the different variables inside EKOS to build a custom String, like %OBJECT_%FILTER_%EXPOSURE_%GAIN_%TEMP_%FRAME.fits

Sven

Yes that's an excellent idea, but it appears no one had time to implement this since there are some many dependencies on the naming scheme when executing jobs. PR are most welcome!! :-)

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

1 month 1 day ago
freiform
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Modify filename #44495

knro wrote: HPR are most welcome!! :-)

Oh well, supposedly the skies are not clearing up for at least another week or so.. I might have a peek at the code ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You TallFurryMan

4 weeks 1 hour ago
hy
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Modify filename #44617
One other thing to add. I find that I have sequences I've stored that I could reuse for many imaging session, if it were not for the Prefix and Directory fields.
So, putting wildcards in both would be great for me, and, what's I'd like is a special wildcard that could be set outside the script, for the current session.
E.g. I might have a standard script that runs through R,G,B filters for 240s exposures. Perhaps I could use the same script for M31 and M33 on different nights
by somehow setting a $NAME variable somewhere, and in the Prefix box use simply "$NAME" and in the Directory box, something like "/home/pi/Pictures/$NAME".
Not sure where to put the ui box to enter $NAME. The capture tab is a candidate, but that would preclude using the scheduler with the same script for two different objects on the same night.

Also, Sven, please take a crack at it, but if you decide not to do it, let me know and I'll try.
Hy

2 weeks 6 days ago
freiform
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Modify filename #44957
I have been setting up a development environment for EKOS. I can build it manually, but cannot get the project to play nicely with QT Creator.

2 weeks 6 days ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Modify filename #44960
Can you share more details on what's wrong?

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

2 weeks 6 days ago
freiform
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Modify filename #44961
I will write up the details, I just wanted to give some quick lifesign ;)

Time to create page: 1.181 seconds