INDI Library v1.8.6 Released (21 Aug 2020)

August 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.6 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

no more image captures after meridian flip?

1 month 1 week ago
DerPit
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
no more image captures after meridian flip? #58043
Thanks for the explanation! Indeed sounds like a horribly complex thing...

sterne-jaeger wrote:

And checking that box would abort the sequence in case of hitting the limit, no?

In case that this happens, the currently running capture is aborted and restarted. This is a very neat feature for example in windy nights.

Ah, I'll give it a try then.

Even better is it if you use the scheduler. In case that guiding aborts, the scheduler restarts the capture sequence (as long as it is configured to restart). If the scheduler is not used, aborted guiding leads to aborting the capture sequence, so a single cloud and the session aborts.

I mostly run only the capture part, doing the initial setup manually, and go to bed once things run fine. Clouds are usually not an issue here at 2400m.

But last night it would have been helpful, as guiding aborted after the MF. Still have to find out what happened, as PHD2 was happily guiding, but EKOS had it showing idle mode, I needed to manually "start" guiding again... It's the first time I saw it, so it might have to do with the way I started things (I had killed kstars, which left INDI on the remote compute running without disconnecting, so that when restarting kstars and ekos it would have all devices connected and running. Likely PHD2 didn't like that.... But that's in doubt another thread; sort-of hijacking this one once is enough ;)
Thanks again!

openSUSE Tumbleweed KStars git INDI git
GPDX+EQMOD, CEM60EC, ASI1600+EFW+EAF+ASI290 mini

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 4 days ago
sterne-jaeger
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
no more image captures after meridian flip? #58190
I think I could fix for the problem. It would be great if you could test it. It is available as branch bugfix_mf_overwrite_frame on my kstars clone: https://invent.kde.org/wreissenberger/kstars.git

If you need support how to download and compile it, feel free to send me a PN.

TSA-120 + FSQ-85 + GSO 150/750 | Avalon Linear + M-zero | Moravian G2-8300 + ASI 1600mm pro | KStars/INDI on Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspbian 10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds