INDI Library v1.8.6 Released (21 Aug 2020)

August 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.6 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Troubles installing Altair Camera drivers on Raspberry Pi (Buster)

1 month 5 days ago
Canopus
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Troubles installing Altair Camera drivers on Raspberry Pi (Buster) #58167
Hello,

I am trying to use the ALTAIR GPCAM Guide Camera with a Raspberry Pi running Rasbian Buster. I have installed INDI from source by cloning the git repo and following the compilation instructions. I then want to install the GPCAM drivers by following instructions here: www.indilib.org/ccds/altair-cameras.html

However, the command "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa" results in the error:

ptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template for Raspbian/buster

I did manage to get the drivers installed on my AMD64 laptop running Ubuntu and the camera works nicely there.

Can someone please explain how I can install the proper drivers for the raspberry Pi? If pre-compiled binaries are unavailable, I am happy to install from source.

Thanks,

Canopus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 5 days ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Troubles installing Altair Camera drivers on Raspberry Pi (Buster) #58173
You have to install from source on Raspbian unless you want to go with something ready like Astroberry or StellarMate.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds