INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Tracking rates changing in indi

• Thank you received: 12
I’ve an iexos-100 mount using the pmc8 driver and I seem to get changes occurring to the tracking rate.
Last night I tried setting a custom rate (to king rate for the fun of it plus I believe in the astroberry indi build the sidereal rate is actual the solar one due to a bug that’s been fixed). I noticed that after a time it changed to solar and at other times to sidereal. The custom rate even changed itself some how to a value over 18.

I’m running on astroberry and have been trying both the internal and phd2 guiders and think this may have been happening when I was using phd2 but that’s not certain.

Anyone else seen this type of thing happening?

I’ve also had the ccd driver (sony mirrorless) have its resolution change without my doing anything. That really cocks things up if you don’t notice. Indi seems to mix what you would think are static values with more dynamic ones and it’s not always obvious what’s changing things.
1 year 4 months ago #88904

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 46
Hi there,

I'v seen that if I point my scope at the moon the rate changes to moon rate automagically :)

Br,
/Markku
1 year 4 months ago #88906

• Thank you received: 1
I had the same problem with my iExos-100 -- I have to re-check "sidereal" after every slew (at night, away from the sun!).

I think I've pushed a fix to INDI here: github.com/indilib/indi/pull/1832 .

It certainly fixes the "incorrect tracking rate being displayed" -- sidereal is correctly displayed every time now. However if the fix is correct, it means that every time we manually clicked "Sidereal", the incorrect rate was getting set. So this might help RA guiding problems too (or -- if the fix is more involved -- then it might make them worse, but fingers crossed!)

I think this is also backing out a previous INDI commit (github.com/indilib/indi/commit/a91e0e837...5c2fa6fcdab182d60853) , which I think is a regression.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
1 year 2 months ago #90104

hmm. I had raised the problem with the sidereal rates being transposed previously which looked to me like it had been fixed. You have now reverted that change. I’ve just checked google and came up with the ascom standards (think that’s what I found previously so I may be basing what I’m saying on something that’s wrong) but that says sidereal is 15.041.

I also seem to remember seeing some code fix in other code that had flipped these two rates around. Wonder if the docs are wrong. Unfortunately most things refer to them by name rather than value so I’m not able to confirm what’s write.
1 year 2 months ago #90112

just looked at the programmers manual for pmc8’s and I see they quote solar second rates and sidereal rate seconds. The ascom doc doesn’t differentiate. The docs aren’t even matching the rates from either set.

This is definitely outside my knowledge range.
1 year 2 months ago #90113

asked over at the ES pmc forum - espmc-eight.groups.io/g/MAIN/topic/96696...p=Created,,,20,2,0,0

seems I’m wrong, doh :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Wells
1 year 2 months ago #90125

Time to create page: 0.788 seconds