INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[Solved] Indi perpetual loop

• Thank you received: 1
Today I wanted to reproduce the behaviour reported by Fred .
I started the debug app, then overrode my default settings and launched a series of takes that seemd to achieve correctly.
then I disconnected the equipment and closed the application, and finally stopped indi in order to save the log.
But then, I noticed that it had started a perpetual loop that I could not stop. I saved both indi and kstars logs, then quit.
When I then wanted to restart ekos, it too ran into a perpetual loop with errors shown on the three screenshot, restarting after the third, and so on.
I spent the whole afternoon and a part of the evening trying to fix this, but two hours ago I gave up and reflashed the sd card.
I recreated my whole stuff and tested before updating anything - it ran fine.
I then ran an apt update & upgrade that is hardly progressing - 31% on kstars-bleeding-data, with 15 hours estimated remaining time, and before that a time-out on kstars-bleeding-dbg. What the hell ?
I am going to interrrupt it and restart the update process on mains (I am currently using a pwerbank for testing purpose) so I am sure it will not run out of power during the update process.
I don't know what has happened, but I wished I would go on the field that night... I will have to wait for another time. :cry:
Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Jean-Luc.
8 months 2 weeks ago #94947

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jean-Luc on topic Indi perpetual loop

The issue is there again after the system update. Obviously, something has been broken by the update.
I did notice that the optical train dialogbox automatically poped-up when connecting to indi, as if there was none. It did not happen before.
I was about to open an issue on github, then saw one has been opened three months ago .
It is becoming very urgent to fix this.
Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Jean-Luc.
8 months 2 weeks ago #94954

Well, my bad, not the same issue as the one reported by T-STUDIO.
New bug report opened github.com/indilib/indi/issues/1923 .
8 months 2 weeks ago #94957

This is now fixed, thanks to jasem who spent much time on it. :cheer:
My mount is not listed among the available ones, so I left it blank.
It did not matter so far, but suddenly it made indi unhappy.
8 months 2 weeks ago #95029

Time to create page: 2.975 seconds