INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EQmod refuses to connect and problems with VNC

• Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

I'm getting a bit frustrated with Stellarmate. First, my connection to the Pi is problematic in the sense that I will often need to try up to ten times to get VNC to connect to the Pi. My laptop (Windows) is on the Pi's wifi network, but I will get a lot of 'no such host known' screens and yesterday I called tit a night after twenty plus times. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may cause this? This happened after I disconnected when the Pi shut down because the power was turned off accidentally.

Then there's EQMOD. My mount is an LX75 that has an astrogadget EQStar modification. This works on and off, but last night I never got it to connect. It was turned on and tracking (I could hear the motors buzzing) and I tried changing USB ports, but to no avail. I did work earlier, and that makes it all the more frustrating.

drive.google.com/file/d/1fOV0xQXc61t-ZC-...ZQm/view?usp=sharing
Last edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Hans.
7 months 3 weeks ago #95497

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sorry for the late response, I was traveling and just saw this issue now:

1. For host, most likely it's a mDNS issue where the host is not properly resolved to the IP address (for a variety of reasons). To be on the same side, use the IP address directly.
2. Quickest solution is to edit equipment profile --> check Port Selector, then try again. Once you get Port Selector pop up, make sure to select the correct port from the detected system ports.
5 months 3 weeks ago #96822

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks, I got it to work by trying multiple times (not very satisfactory, but functional) and the Port Selector worked fine indeed!
5 months 3 weeks ago #96829

• Thank you received: 3
I have had my share of networking issues as well. My recommendation is not to rely on the rather feeble wifi of the RPi and instead use a wired connection to a third party wireless bridge that has proper antennae. Also, you should set up the network connection on the RPi to be a static IP address. Don’t use the 5 GHz wifi band, just use a wireless bridge at 2.45 GHz. You don’t need the extra bandwidth for VNC. All of these ideas will get you a more stable connection.
5 months 3 weeks ago #96891

Time to create page: 1.965 seconds