INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate android app with just kstars/ekos

• Thank you received: 12
Id like to know if the app can be made to work. I just saw a review of the stellarmate pro on youtube. Looks great except I already have a linux PC (amd 8 core/16 thread 32GB RAM), so way better than that machine. It would be great to be able to use it, but It can't find EOS. I also pay for Stellarmate Live pro, but it's still very beta. Id be fine with that, but an app is better due to scaling/touchscreen being better in apps designed for smartphone.

Is this possible? If not, why not? I pay for live, and would gladly pay for an "app connector" to connect to my x86_64 linux based machine. To be fair Im trying to connect to the IP of my tailscale node at the obsevatory (2000 miles away). But my phone doesn't need anything special once tailscale is enabled. I can address the hostname or tailscale IP in any app I've ever tried and it works fine.

Thanks for any info. This is really where it needs to go. Using Kstars/EKOS over remote desktop/vnc has always been a pain, and makes me switch to my laptop to do astronomy. Id really rather use an android tablet, or my phone while on the move.

After doing a little more research, there is a build of stellarmate os for mini PC. While this would work, Im 2000 miles away from the observatory, and have no out-of-band management tools for the PC, so no way to really re-image the os. Is there a way to install whatver component needed? Im running Ubuntu 23.04 right now on an AMD x86_64 pc. I also remember Ive also purchased stellarmate OS for Pi in the past.

Anyhoo :)

PS I was in Stellarmate Live today, and it looks like it's progressed a lot thanks for working on that.

Bryan
3 months 2 weeks ago #98049

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
If you want to make use of an Android or iOS app you have to install the Stellarmate OS either for PI or Mini PC. Those are 2 different products, so the version of PI that you already have, will not work, you have to purchase the Mini PC version for your Linux PC. If your gear is not on your local network (my observatory too) you can connect through the external IP.

Ekos Live, both Basic and Pro, works just with Kstars/Ekos without the need for Stellarmate OS.

I have a dummy HDMI plug attached to my Mini PC with Stellarmate OS and I connect through VNC. Everything runs smoothly.
3 months 2 weeks ago #98053

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds