INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Behaviour differ between SM APP and SM OS

• Thank you received: 1
Hello,
I am a little confused on how and where ask for that. Maybe is it me not understanding the way the thing works.
I am driving a PI5 from an android tablet.
Most of the time, I use RealVNC to access Ekos from Kstars. Today I wanted to do some testings to check my setup.
From the mount tab, I unparked the mount, opened the mount controller and made it goto the sun (cap on the lens, and anyway the sky is coudy and the sun is behind the building).
The mount slewed towards the targetted position.
Parked the mount and checked that it was correctly done.
I then correctly disconnected from Ekos, closed Kstars and VNC.
I started Ekos from the SM APP, clicked on the mount control icon, unparked it and targetted the sun.
But then, it slewed in the opposite position from where it should have.
Did someone else already face this ?
What could I done wrong ?
Rgrds,
Last edit: 1 month 3 days ago by Jean-Luc.
1 month 3 days ago #99894

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replying to myself, should it be useful for others : it seems mixing controllers - hand controller, synscan app and sm app - is not a good idea.
But the app is getting better and better, and so I must not switch between one and another.
Still a few hickups with the moves from the SM app, but much more stable than before.
2 weeks 2 days ago #100254

• Thank you received: 33
I also have noticed that there are differences between App & OS. An example is how you can set presets in Capture module. Also the Mount has options to park & set a home position.
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
2 weeks 1 day ago #100263

Last time I was totally unable to use goto and other functions from the tablet app, and had to use vnc instead.
Whether or not it was because of previous rPI updater update is the question.
Last edit: 6 days 16 hours ago by Jean-Luc.
6 days 16 hours ago #100400

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds