INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Run Kstars on remote PC or from Stellarmate?

• Thank you received: 0
Up to now I've been running Kstars / Ekos on my desktop PC and connecting to Stellarmate via the remote connection setup. However, what are the pros and cons of running Kstars on Stellarmate instead? I connect to the RPi running Stellarmate both via ssh and with Remmina via RDP. I'm thinking about using an ssd connected to the RPi and downloading the image files via FTP on completion of an imaging session. Is it worth changing the way I do things or should I stick with Kstars on my PC?
2 weeks 1 day ago #100609

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 34
I run everything off the RPi but used to have Kstars/Ekos on PC & just the INDI server on RPi.
Pros: Speed of download. Less chances of Ekos getting confused when a remote directory has been chosen.
Cons: SD card size may dictate how many images will fit for each session.
Need to remember to download and delete images from SD card
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony Healey
2 weeks 21 hours ago #100624

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks, just the insight I was looking for. If I can successfully connect an SSD then the card size shouldn't affect things
2 weeks 20 hours ago #100626

Time to create page: 1.091 seconds