I want to involve the StellarMate users community to see how we can improve and develop the App in the future. Please note that the resources are quite limited. We just have a single developer working on the App. App developers especially those with experience necessary to work in IoT devices tend to be expensive, so we need to strike a balance. At any rate, let me start to say that MOST of the issues within the App are usually some issues in the Stellarmate OS itself. This could be:
1. KStars is not started (for whatever reason, crash..etc)
2. EkosLive service is not running (again for whatever reason).
So when the app tries to authenticate (via EkosLive service), it can fail and loops back again. We are working on improving this in the upcoming SM OS Beta v1.4.7. What would be the priorities for App now? Here are some ideas:
1. Implement offline viewer (so you see captured images in StellarMate)
2. Implement INDI Control Panel (so you get access to ALL the properties).
3. Implement Sky Map (This is actually pretty hard to do). The App is written in React-Native and there is nothing there that can be used for Sky Map unless you do it from scratch, which could takes months and cost a lot.
4. Change UI design (This needs to be specific with mock-ups)
I'm also working on SM OS v1.4.7 Beta. The issue with ZWO cameras USB3 WiFi disconnection is resolved. It has been also optimized further to reduce memory and CPU usage. We will need testers for the new Beta coming up.
There is also problem when there is an error or warning message as a separate window. Then the app stop responding (I mean that par where you set up your session, align etc) and you have to connect via VNC and close that window.