after experiencing problems while testing the polar assistant with the new manual slew feature I experimented quite a while yesterday.
Finally after reading this thread it occurred to me to check the orientation of the image on my sensor. Indeed (presumably due to the flattener I use) the image is upright.
When I switched on parity detection in the astrometry options it started to work and I got below one ' polar alignment accuracy with the star adventurer (the polar scope gives me typically 3.5' accuracy).
It might be a good idea to highlight the parity switch. Maybe a new tutorial would be worth it.