This involves activating the alignment system and using the built-in math plugin to sync on stars in a triangle. However, the thread was using the older NexstarEvo driver.
Some interesting things I discovered in my testing:
- Since the driver doesn't know the correct home position and the mount's pointing gets worse over use, I found parking the mount at the start, and then moving the mount to the index marks before unparking, allowed me to set and quickly reset back to the home position (North/Polaris).
- Although I am not using any limits, the driver will stop when slewing left of West. No such problems in the East.
- After syncing on multiple stars, I will eventually get the message: "Alpha matrix is singular and cannot be inverted".
In the meantime, I have been using INDI to image and Celestron's PWI to control the mount.