Marco replied to the topic 'Pi4 Video Buffer' in the forum. 5 months ago

Your new camera has 3 times the resolution of the old, which would explain the lower framerate.

You could create a RAM drive and save the video to there, before copying to the SD card. Either that or try getting a high speed USB3 memory stick such as the SanDisk Extreme models and save to that.

www.domoticz.com/wiki/Setting_up_a_RAM_drive_on_Raspberry_Pi

Read More...

Marco replied to the topic 'FITS Viewer center telescope' in the forum. 7 months ago

I did exactly this last night and it worked OK.

I have has some FITS images without WCS information embedded (entirely my fault) and I managed to update the files by loading into ASTAP, solving and then save new header. The images can then be loaded into the FITS Viewer and used to center the telescope.

www.hnsky.org/astap.htm

Read More...

Marco created a new topic ' Capture issues with Olympus E-M1 Mk2' in the forum. 9 months ago

I'm having an issue with capture on my Olympus E-M1 Mk2 that I hope someone can help me with. The camera is detected correctly in the INDI server and I can see and configure all the settings such as ISO control.

  • Live Video is working OK, so I get the window opens up and I can see what the camera is seeing as expected
  • Recording from Live Video is also working OK, a .ser video file is dropped into the astroberry/indi_<date> folder and plays OK
  • The problems start when I press the Capture a preview button. The camera takes a photo (recorded to the SD card) and there is a spinning wheel next to the "seconds left" text
  • If I load up a simple job such as take 2x 5 sec photos @ ISO1600 I get a similar result. The first picture is taken and stored to the local SD card and there is then the spinning wheel next to the "seconds left" text and nothing else happens
  • At this point the camera seems unresponsive and KStars will eventually crash out after several minutes
The camera settings such as the ISO settings are correctly applied, the camera is in Bulb mode, but still what seems to be a small issue is stopping this from working properly.

I'm running this from a Raspberry Pi 3B running Astroberry Server, although I have also tested running from a RPI running Ubuntu Mate and the latest build of KStars/Ekos. I'm fairly technical minded, so can probably have a try at anything you need me to test. Thanks!

Read More...