I discovered an issue when kstars on my laptop failed to solve the location I was pointed to. After much troubleshooting, it appears that there's an issue with the telescope parameters set in the Mount tool properly getting into the Align tool window.

The laptop has Kstars 3.4.2 (Build: 2020-04-25T20:01:00Z), and I am comparing with an older version on my desktop which works fine: Kstars 3.4.1, 2020-02-23T18:06:07Z

I have saved several telescope setups:
1) Aperture 200mm, f/l 812 mm
2) Aperture 280 mm, f/l 1764 mm
3) Aperture 80 mm, f/l 480 mm

When I switch to setup 3, the FOV field on the align screen changes as expected (129.7' x 97.8').
When I change to setup 2, the FOV field changes to 31.6' x 23.8', which is different from the desktop: 35.3' x 26.6'
Changing to setup #1, the laptop FOV field shows 31.6' x 23.8', while the desktop shows: 76.6' x 57.7'

Very strangely, if I change setup 2 to match that of setup 1, the FOV with setup 2 *does not change*. But switching to setup 3, it changes as expected. Creating a fourth setup with the same params as setup 1 stubbornly yields the same incorrect FOV.

Since this feeds into the command line for plate solving, it causes the solver to spin for 8 minutes until it finally gives up.

Not sure if it matters, but the INDI library is running on a Raspberry Pi and is version 1.8.1.
Laptop OS: Linux *** 4.15.0-101-generic #102-Ubuntu SMP Mon May 11 10:07:26 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux|
Desktop OS: Linux *** 4.15.0-96-generic #97-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 1 03:25:46 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

If you need logs or anything else, let me know - I've only narrowed down the problem to this level in the daylight.