INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI120MM configured, connected, but NOT selected?

• Thank you received: 5
I am new to AstroArch (long-time Astroberry/Ekos/Kstars user). I just received an XAGYL motorized filter wheel yesterday that I am trying to test. I figured I'd test it with my ASI120MM as my test CCD. The 120MM shows up as "connected" when I press "Play", but it does not show up in camera module.

What am I missing?

Edit: I went through the profile creator and now it's there? So, we have to use the profile creator?
Last edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Paul Nixon. Reason: Additional information
2 weeks 1 day ago #100610

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 34
Have you added it to the Optical train?
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
2 weeks 22 hours ago #100623

Thanks! I did, but for some reason, it didn't take. The optical train popped up and I had to add it a second time, and still it didn't show up in camera module.

I confess I am new to this optical train step so maybe I'm missing something. I'm just using simulators for the mount and telescopes. Not sure if that has anything to do with things.

I used the profile creator and that seems to be working at the moment.

Cheers!
Paul
1 week 6 days ago #100648

Wow, okay, optical trains.

A bit curious - I have an ASI120MM that I want to use for experimenting as a primary camera, and I have an Orion SSAG as a guide camera. I just connected the SSAG and things seem happy, but surprisingly, there is no mention of the SSAG in the guide module. More worrying is the scope info in the guide module is for the primary scope, NOT the guide scope. To add to this, I see a message guider port on ASI120MM Mini is now ready.

So, do I have to create yet another optical train/equipment profile JUST for the guide scope and then select that in the guide module?
Last edit: 1 week 6 days ago by Paul Nixon.
1 week 6 days ago #100655

• Thank you received: 30
Perhaps this video and this link will help you understand and configure your devices in the Ekos optical train

www.stellarmate.com/support/ekos/setup.html
1 week 6 days ago #100658

Thank you.

I read the original thread on why this started, and I've since been trying to understand how this feature might be helpful to me in some way. Not feeling it. I know I'm two years late to the party, and I am slow to change and that's my fault.
1 week 1 day ago #100707

Moderators: Mattia
Time to create page: 1.171 seconds